Food News: The Pizza Hut P’Zone Starting at $5

5 bucks seems to be the magic price these days.  I guess it’s all in response to Subway’s $5 Footlongs.  Pizza Hut boasts, “Sub leaving you Cold?  Heat things Up.”  Pizza Hut has started a new ad campaign of their own to promote their P’Zones starting at $5 (the Pepperoni being $5 and the Meaty and Classic are an extra 99¢).  Before this new campaign, I had been seeing P’Zones priced in the $5.99-$6.99 range so basically this ad campaign is to promote a limited time $1 price decrease.

pizza hut pzone

Americans are giving the cold shoulder to cold sandwiches; the $5 Pepperoni P’Zone(R) pizza from Pizza Hut(R) has everyone hot for more than a pound of steamy, delicious food at a great price. For $5, would you rather have a hot and tasty meal with great pizza taste or a cold sandwich? We thought so.

The hardest part about ordering the P’Zone is deciding which of the three varieties to choose. Options include:

* Classic P’Zone: Filled with cheese, Italian sausage, green peppers and red onions, the Classic P’Zone is filled with more than one pound of pizza goodness

* Meaty P’Zone: This P’Zone really lives up to its mouth watering name, packed with cheese, pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage, and seasoned beef

* Pepperoni P’Zone: A pepperoni lover’s dream, this P’Zone is loaded with pepperoni and melted cheese for a crave curing meal any time of day.

All P’Zone pizzas are served with a side of marinara sauce.

I know there are some P’Zone haters out there, and I’m not one of them.  Actually, I’ve never been a fan of the pizza at Pizza Hut but I’ve always liked Pizza Hut’s take on the calzone with their “Over a Pound” P’Zones.  Early on in the epic 3 month existence of GrubGrade, I actually posted a pretty favorable review.  Check it out… GrubGrade’s P’Zone Review.

10 comments on “Food News: The Pizza Hut P’Zone Starting at $5

1. I don’t know how they do it either….those things are giant…and for $5? Must be a loss leader. Great campaign though….bastards!

2. John says:

They are nasty. No sauce baked into it? Not for me. Calzones are close to my heart. Nothing better than a large spinach, feta, and chicken calzone. Delicious.

3. Jon says:

Aren’t calzones not supposed to have sauce in them? I think they’re great, but of course they’re not going to be as good as some local options.

I’ve had all 3, and have found that the pepperoni one sucks because it’s just mostly bread. The other two actually have some flavor, but could still use more stuffing. They’re still pretty good though.

• cliffclof says:

The “Over a Pound” P’Zones, whatever that means, are mostly 1 pound of bread or more. The pepperoni is limited to 6 pepperoni pieces. This means that in order to ‘meat’ up to delicious calzone standards you would have to order about 4 to 5 times as much toppings. Pizza Huts ording system is only set up to do 1 addition order of toppings making that mark 12. Keep in mind that toppings are so regulated by Pizza Hut that the cook is usually too scared to add more than 10. Also, each addition will add about a dollar to the total. Pizza Hut has really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

4. Green says:

Wow. That’s great deal.
    Thank you for sharing this.

see you next post.

5. John says:

I like a little sauce in my calzone. Seems like the better ones I’ve had all contain sauce.

6. Evan says:

Does Pizza Hut buy these babies pre-fabricated? Why the lack of choices?

7. Robert A. says:

Sounds great to me, but not the pepperoni [too greasy]. The sausage meat, lots of mozzarella and sauce with some hot pepper flakes well done is all I want.

8. John Howard says:

I get mine with no cheese and just green olives, so they CAN do special ones, I just don’t know if all of them offer it. My friend asked for like a super saussage and black olive one at another location and they told him that they were not allowed, so he came over to my house and called the one that comes to me.

PROBLEM!!! They have a min. delivery charge, I don’t know the exact amount, HOWEVER, if youwant just a p’zone you cannot get it delivered, so you have to buy I think i had to get like 3 extra sauce cups.

9. Bear Silber says:

If their sausage is uncooked (prior to the oven) that may be the reason for that. It wouldn’t cook inside of the calzone.