Food News: McDonald’s Brownie Melts

Anyone come across these yet?  Either coming soon or some have already started showing up in select McDonald’s restaurants.  Thanks to Chris for letting me know about this and I’ll keep an eye out for them.

brownie-melt-mcdonalds

17 comments on “Food News: McDonald’s Brownie Melts

1. WT heartstopping F…..just when I thought they were getting better….they throw down something like this and totally redeem themselves…kidding, McDonald’s -1 for the Brownie McFatty Melt

2. Colin says:

-1 for creating Brownie McFatty Melts but +1 for bringing heavenly Brownie McFatty Melts into the world.

Such a dilemma.

3. David says:

They’ve been promoting them here in SW Pennsylvania for the past month or so – haven’t had one yet but am curious as to how they taste.

4. Justin says:

I had one in Michigan. It’s all right.

5. gino says:

Hey, I’ve had this a few times and wanted to share. Personally, I love the Cinnamon Melt. I don’t have it too often (I feel bad just looking at it) but it is delicious. After scoping this out I had to give it a shot. When it’s hot, it is amazing. I thought it would be too sweet but they toned down the sweetness of the actual brownie to allow more sweetness from the chocolate topping and the chocolate base (I don’t know how to describe it but it’s melty/gritty all at the same time. If you’ve had the Cinnamon Melt then you know the texture except it’s chocolate rather than cinnamon). On the flip side, if you wait a little too long to dig in it loses a lot of it’s luster. It’s still tasty but nowhere near as good as when it’s fresh.

Eating one by yourself will give you guilt (Like me) but there is more than enough chocolate goodness to share.

Also, to the people griping that McDonalds keeps introducing fatty foods… It’s a dessert… From McDonalds… Did you seriously expect only fresh fruits and fat-free angel food cake or something?

6. Cassie says:

I have had this on my way home from Kentucky, in Nitro, West Virginia. I loved it personally.

7. Ian Nixon says:

These are okay for a $2 (after taxes) quick chocolate fix. You could prolly make the same thing at home in bigger batches cheaper and tastier, but they’re pretty good for a cheap dessert.

8. Adam says:

Oh my goodness! These things are like CRACK! They are so amazing! If I could eat them all day I would. My children will be lm M>,.med John, Kate, and BROWNIE MELT.

9. Shannon says:

Brownie Melts are great for a chocolate craving. Just enough and a little more. Very good chocolate texture.

10. Brooke says:

With the first bite, I thought it tasted strange. Some kind of chemical taste. But of course I continued to eat it and ate about 3/4 before I decided to stop. It definitely doesn’t taste like a brownie. I’m not sure what it tastes like. I found the nutrition information and definitely NOT worth it!

I could have eaten two Snickers bars for the same number of calories and fat. And would have enjoyed it a lot more :(

11. mammabear says:

So this thing looks absolutely awesome in photos and in hand, but have to agree full heartedly with Brooke. There are much better ways to indulge your sweet tooth that are not only cheaper but in the end less calories and fat. Before getting 1/2 way through it decided to look up nutrition info to see if I really wanted to finish it and wondered if maybe it was so awful because it was very low fat. That was certainly a wrong thought. Stopped eating it immediately!

If you want a chocolate cinnamon roll, then this is the thing but certainly not the thing to get if you want a brownie! If you are wanting a chocolate and/or brownie-type fix you’ll never be tempted to indulge a craving with THAT again! The texture of the “brownie” is similar to that of a cinnamon roll and the chocolate sauce and icing are gritty. Not to mention that the chocolate sauce is pretty blah itself. Luckily I had a coupon to try one free with a McCafe’. Granted I didn’t eat it the minute I was given it in the drive-thru…….was home in about 5 minutes and couldn’t wait to fill a brownie void. Cold, soggy french fries would have been better.

12. Bridgett says:

OMG brownie melts is like the best thing ever. I love them. I could eat a ton of them, they are rich and chocolaty and just right. so good when warm and put a lil bit of ice cream on them and its like a little piece of heaven, if you have not tired them then you need to do so. and soon

13. Shana says:

They are delicious, and I cannot believe they stopped selling them!!! OMG, no warning or nothing, I have written them to find out why. I stopped at McD’s everymorning to buy 1 for 3 months straight and then all of a sudden they stopped selling them. Yet they kept the nasty ol Cinnamon Melts

14. Mallory says:

for real these things are amazing. they are like crack and when me and my friends have bad days we go get one! makes it all better. no joke. i’m going to get one right now actually!!

15. Chris says:

they are the greatest things ever! they are so stupid to take it off the menu. if they would put it back on, i no i would be there so much more. and for all those ppl that complain about it nutrition and being to sweet then DONT EAT IT. no one is forcing you to but just cause yous complain about it doesnt mean other ppl dont like it.

16. BROWNIE!!!!! says:

OMG, I LOOOOVVVEEE THESE BROWNIE MELTS. ITS LIKE EATING HEAVEN. But I have to admit, they are very filling.

17. Shannon says:

Dang it! This is the first I’ve ever heard of these.