First Impressions: Wendy’s Frosty-cino

I usually window shop before visiting a fast food restaurant, checking out the banners that hang in their windows to see what the latest items are.  Wendy’s latest item is their ‘Frosty-cino’.  Which, according to their website describes it as:

Real dairy Frosty with coffee syrup from real-brewed coffee. We hand spin it, top it with real whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate to create an exciting, deliciously different Frosty Shake.

Wendy's Frosty-cino

A small (12 oz) cost $2.39, which wasn’t a horrible price.  If you happen to go to some ‘high end’ coffee shops, their versions will cost about that if not more.  I’m not sure what I was expecting, but when I took my first sip, I definitely enjoyed it.  I realized it had been quite a long time since I had a shake from a fast food joint.  The coffee flavor isn’t overpowering.  It’s basically coffee ice cream.  For some reason, I didn’t mix the whipped cream and syrup with the rest of the drink, and when I got to the end, it was way too sweet.  So if you get this, definitely mix everything together.  It’s a nice treat, something I’ll definitely get again.

Frosty-cino

Price – $2.39 small (12 oz)

Nutrition Facts - Wendy’s Frosty-cino

Calories – 320

Total Fat – 10 grams

Saturated Fat – 6 grams

Cholesterol – 35 milligrams

Sodium – 170 milligrams

Carbs – 62 grams

Sugar – 52 grams

Dietary Fiber – 0 grams

Protein – 7 grams

12 comments on “First Impressions: Wendy’s Frosty-cino

1. Ryan says:

Nice write up John and welcome back…320 cal and 10g of fat isn’t too bad. I’ve been thinking about getting one of these for the passed couple of weeks. It’s about time Wendy’s throws in some variety to their Frosty. I rarely drink coffee but I won’t pass up something like this.

2. Now it’s a McDonald’s McCafe:

All these things are basically coffee ice cream, so true.

3. Adam Bomb says:

I’ve had my eye on this one for a couple of weeks. After reading the review, I think I’ll take the plunge. Thanks :)

4. I was waiting on this one as well, but it looks pretty good. nice job John. Cold coffee drinks can be pretty good, I just don’t like iced coffee! Nasty.

5. Adam Bomb says:

I’m wondering….is this going to go with a burger? I’m not sure it would taste right alongside a sandwich.

6. john says:

Wouldbuyitagain…. yeah if you’re cool with coffee ice cream, you’ll enjoy it!

Adam bomb… I used to have friends who would dip their fries into a regular frosty all the time. A frosty-cino though? I’m not sure… I went solo with my drink simply because I wasn’t feeling a burger at the time.

7. Alyce says:

I tried a Frosty-chino yesterday at the Wendy’s in Mt. Carmel Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. It was awesome. I am a Weight Watchers person so I had to find out the point value of this item. Based on the calories, fat, and fiber – the weight watchers point equal 7 for a small. If you are going to have a Frosty-chino, save up your activity points to enjoy! It is truly worth an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill.

• Ryan says:

@ Alyce … I’m so late to the party with the new Frosty’s. 7pts isn’t too bad…knock off a couple points after the 30min workout too.

8. Wendy Hill says:

OMG I love the frosty cino shake, I crave it, it is the best that wendy’s ever came up with

9. Raquel says:

I am addictive to Frosty-cino!!!! I love it… Gotta have it at least every 2 weeks… Hope they never take it away!!! In fact, I think I will corporate and ask they don’t!!!

10. Raquel says:

I meant I will “write” corporate ;)

11. Danielle says:

BEST ICE CREAM DRINK EVER! I am obsessed with the frosty-cino and have made everyone I introduced it to obsessed too :)