Yeah, I know it’s a few days early but Friday is the 1st of May and a new month means a new DQ Blizzard of the Month.  The Blizzard of the Month for April is/was the Midnight Truffle Blizzard.  It was chock full of rich chocolaty truffles in DQ vanilla soft serve.  I gave my impressions and I was pretty overwhelmed by the chocolate.  The new Raspberry Truffle Blizzard seems to be pretty much the same thing, but with the addition of a sweet raspberry topping blended with the vanilla soft serve ice cream.  The tried and true chocolate truffles will be present and will most likely dominate the taste, but I’ll have to wait until Friday to know for sure.

dq-raspberry-blizz

11 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for May is The Raspberry Truffle Blizzard

1. These abominations are WAY too weighty in calories for this skinny boy. I’d opt for some of that fat-free yogurt from BR!

2. Adam Bomb says:

I only eat a Blizzard two or three times a year, but this one sounds tasty. I might give it a whirl. The last Blizzard I had was some kind of banana cream pie concoction. It was good, but I just can’t justify downing that much fat and calories in a dessert. At least not all the time.

You know what was a bad idea? The Blizzard they had years ago that had Nerds candy in it. The candy pieces turned rock hard when mixed with the cold ice cream, and just didn’t work too well overall.

3. Colin says:

You bite your tongue, Adam. The Nerds Blizzard is Heaven-sent and the DQ near me actually still sells them.

4. @Colin – I actually almost spit up my drink reading that. Too funny :)

5. Adam Bomb says:

Sorry, Colin! I just remember that thing being very unenjoyable. To each his own, I guess. I also dislike gummi bears in any kind of ice cream treat. They just turn into inedible rubber nuggets until they warm up again.

6. I would like to try that because it looks really delicious but my boyfriend would probably dump my ass after I blew up like a shark whale after consuming it.

7. Ryan says:

@ Bear…Too weighty in calories…coming from the skinny boy that took down the Belly Buster Challenge in how long? 32min right?
    @ Colin…Nerds Blizzard, must try.
    @ Adam Bomb…I agree, never understood the gummi topping with ice cream.
    @ Jamie Susan…Shark Whales are sexy

8. @Ryan – Hahaha. I know. Thing is I used to be 120 lbs heavier. Well…I wasn’t that big when I did the Belly Buster. But if Adam Richman will just step up, I’ll do it WAY quicker :P

9. Christine says:

…. my gosh.. the midnight truffle blizzard was disgusting. to much chocolate and not worth eating 49 grams of fat. and like 1000 calories.

10. oORiceballOo says:

looks yummy =] wish i tried it…the ad looks like it has Godiva’s Milk Chocolate Truffle and Key Lime Truffle surrounding the blizzard X_x i guess thats what i get for working there for a year lmao!

11. I didn’t know that before even though I have a sweet tooth for every sweet treats so I have got to try that blizzard since I like raspberry, It’s my favourite fruit.
    Selina N. Mitchell