Food News: Dominos New Bread Bowl Pastas

Fresh off the heels of controversy.  Dominos has introduced new pasta dishes served in bread bowls, dubbed Bread Bowl Pastas.  Another journey out of the realm of pizza, these new penne pastas are $5.99 each and available in 6 choices: chicken carbonara, Italian sausage marinara, snot rocket, chicken alfredo, pasta primavera, three cheese mac-n-cheese and a “build your own” version (which let’s you choose 3 pizza toppings).  Seems like pretty bad timing to roll out new menu items with the current bad publicity.

Dominos Bread Bowl Pastas

11 comments on “Food News: Dominos New Bread Bowl Pastas

1. Yeah…..I’ve been reading a lot about these. Seems WAY over the top.

I’m funny….I enjoy the things that are SO typically “American”, such as the Awesome Blossom and the Texican Whopper…..but at the same time I loathe them. I think they need to exist but I would never encourage anyone to eat them nor would I ever go near them myself. I’m crazy I know.

So you gonna try ‘em?

2. Adam Bomb says:

If there were a Domino’s near me, I would consider trying one of these. But only if I could watch them make it ;)

3. Adam Bomb says:

You know, the more I think about it, the more this product seems kind of weird. I would never have thought to put pasta in a bread bowl, and I’m not even sure it’s a good idea. It’s almost like they’re just putting completely unrelated foods together for the sake of having something new.

Up next, Papa John’s will have pepperoni pizza bites in a tortilla wrap, lol.

4. Ari says:

Pasta in a bread bowl? Um…would you like carbs with that?

5. Lol, on snot rocket. I agree with you Ari, carb overload.

6. SaNDY says:

I just had one tonight and thought it was pretty tasty. I had the Italian sausage marinara. I don’t know why anyone would think it was a weird combination b/c you always eat crusty bread with pasta. Same concept but it’s all baked together. Yeah, it is def. carb overload but it was pretty good. And a big portion too.

7. notgood says:

Tried a Domino’s bread bowl pasta today and it wasn’t good. The bottom of the bread bowl was gooey because it was undercooked. I bet they will discontinue the product.

Their subs are better.

8. Mark Snider says:

I tried the chicken carbonara and thought it was awesome. The store said that they were having a hard time keeping up with all the pasta orders. I doubt they will discontinue any time soon.

9. Z says:

I haven’t yet tried Domino’s bread bowl pasta, the idea is a lot like cream soup in the bread bowl, where you don’t have to go far for crunch, just break a piece of crusty bread bowl. If this Domino’s idea tastes a lot like thier pizza, I’ll pass.

10. Rob says:

Wow, the people (Adam) who say pasta doesn’t go with bread, probably haven’t eaten any international food or Googled any country since 1995. You have to suck; it’s the only way for you.