Food News: New! Fully Loaded Taco Salads from Taco Bell

Time for another new item from Taco Bell.  This time it’s Fully Loaded Taco Salads.  Coming in Chipotle Steak and Chicken Ranch varieties, don’t think that because it’s a “salad” that it should be a part of your new slim-down diet.  They’re almost 1000 calories each.

Read our full review.

Fully Loaded Taco Salads from Taco Bell

The Chipotle Steak Fully Loaded Taco Salad is 950 calories and 59 grams of fat.

Includes Carne Asada Steak drizzled with creamy chipotle dressing then loaded with chunky beans, cheese and seasoned rice.

The Chicken Ranch Fully Loaded Taco Salad is 960 calories and 75 grams of fat.

Includes Grilled Chicken drizzled with zesty ranch dressing then loaded with chunky beans, cheese and seasoned rice.

20 comments on “Food News: New! Fully Loaded Taco Salads from Taco Bell

1. I would love more than anything to be the guy who comes up with new Taco Bell menu items. I just think that would be a blasty blast.

As far as the calorie count…I always think it’s funny when people take anything with “salad” in the title to be healthy. There are many times that a burger on a fast foot menu will be the better option if you take in account all the dressing, cheese, bacon, etc on the salads.

2. Molly says:

I had the chicken ranch Taco Salad today, and it was freakin’ delicious. Look, I know that it’s a diet nightmare, but sometimes you just have to have something decadent. I wouldn’t make it part of my weekly diet, but once in awhile is fine. If I didn’t want something loaded with cheese and sour cream, I wouldn’t be eating at Taco Bell.

3. orb205 says:

What do you get when you have chicken nachos with all the chips fused into one giant piece? A taco salad!

I’ve heard of people who think that if they put lettuce and tomato on a burger it makes it healthier. Ahhh, people.

4. PETER says:

I love TACO BELL… but their latest new “TREAT” is full of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. The TV commercial for the FULLY LOADED TACO SALAD will leave you believing that there is practically NO LETTUCE in this meal. WELL…. this advertising was created by someone who is full of $HIT !!! There is more lettuce in this meal than any other salad I have ever eaten. FULLY LOADED…. uh huh LOADED FULL OF THAT CHEAP NASTY ICEBURG LETTUCE. What a shame too…. I was truly looking forward to this being my NEW item on the hot list.

Will I continue to eat at Taco Hell…..oooopsss… I mean TACO BELL…. of course…. the BURRITO SUPREME AND the NACHOS SUPREME are still YUMMMMMY !!!!

5. Julia says:

I ate one of these last night and it was fantastic! But I only used a little of the dressing (which comes on the side) and half the chips (which also come on the side) nor did I eat 3/4 of the shell (only the bottom which the rice was slightly attached to mmmm), and I pushed most of the giant glob of sour cream to the side and left it.

Not only that, I was disgustingly stuffed from what I did eat of the salad. In the future, I would order this one to share. So, really, how bad is it if that’s what you eat? I’m pretty sure I didn’t consume 900 calories there. Also, this is Taco Bell, nothings really that healthy, der der der…

6. hunibuns says:

I got a taco salad today and the only difference between the new “fully loaded” and the old regular was the price a spoonful of icky rice. Since they said they only have the “fully loaded” salads and not the regular, I figured there would be a noticeable amount of meat more. I wish they would take back the rice and extra $1-2.

I remember when these salads were only $2.99. Now I am paying an extra $2 for a spoonful of rice that I would rather not have….I guess that means I’ll have quit ordering it.
    :-(

7. cocomg says:

I got a taco salad today, there are ways of eating this, without consuming too many calories, I ordered it without rice or beans, I used half the package of dressing, and took off the sour cream and added in some guacamole instead. I didn’t eat the shell, and to be honest, I couldn’t finish the entire salad, I even added jalapeno pepper 500-600 calories at the most.

8. Billy Bob says:

What were those red crunchy things that came on the side?

9. ravensangst says:

I had the beef kind (which isn’t really shown on the menu -at least not the drivethrough one). It was freaking delishious, but I didn’t end up eating the shell either and mine didn’t come with salad dressing, only salsa and those chip things (though I didn’t think to ask). So I’m doubting that it really is THAT many calories without that stuff (I’m guessing like 750 or so). But it would be nice to know how many each part adds.

10. ravensangst says:

I looked. And with another site I found out that the shell itself is a whopping 350 calories alone! That means that if you had everything else BUT the shell, the salad would be more like 600 calories!

11. Katie says:

I just had the chicken taco salad, and it was good! I guess 960 calories is a lot, but for me, I usually eat most of my calories around mid-day anyway. I ate about 515 calories in the morning and I will probably have about 200 more today in 3 hours or so, and that suits me fine!

12. Mindy says:

I did the same as others suggested – avoided eating the taco shell, just added the strips, and avoided the ranch dressing as well.

Without the ranch and taco shell – you are looking at more like 500 calories. Not a great lunch, but it could be worse!

I’ll probably avoid it in the future – wasn’t as tasty for the calorie count, but it was worth trying. Perhaps if I’d added salsa as a dressing and with a dash of lime, this could be a nice meal. But for $5 I could have had a tastier/healther burrito from a local cart – with a twist of lime and cilantro. :\

13. Katie says:

Not everyone thinks this new salad is healthier, it’s just good. And like some of the people have already said, you should be able to indulge every now and then. And I think this is healthier than that of a big greasy cheeseburger from McDonald’s that just sits in your stomach. The ingredients of this Taco Bell salad seem to be a lot healthier than bacon and mayonnaise and angus beef. But I’m not a health expert either…I just love Taco Bell…trying to defend it as you can see lol

14. Azra says:

I ate the whole fuckin thing, the chipotle steak one. Well maybe a few pieces of nasty tomato got away but I use the shell like they’re nachos and just scoop the crap on top of them… deeeeeelicious. Wash down with faygo and you’re good to go! Oh and I only weigh 160 lbs at 5’10″ =) Guess I have a good metabolism? I live on sugar and junk though. Ha.

15. Erica says:

I had one yesterday. LOVED it!! But had NO idea there were this many calories. And I’m usually like a calorie freak. What could I take off to make it less fatting and still make it taste good? Is that even possible

16. ann says:

I had this salad and ordered it without the rice, did not use the dressing or eat the shell. That had to lower the calories by at least 500 less making this salad about 350-400 calories. If you like lettuce with a taste of chicken, sour cream and cheese then it wasn’t bad. Let’s face it, if your eating fast food your not going to get much if your watching your diet. Better than nothing.

17. tacotaco says:

HORRIBLE
    mUy malo
    3 little tiny pieces of chicken
    salad tasted and smelled like rotten food
    I returned and got money back
    bad experience