Food News: Starbucks Ice Cream

Some of us cannot do without our daily coffee.  Before you know it, 90 degree weather will be upon us and that hot cup of joe isn’t so refreshing.  Starbucks has the solution for your summer coffee fix with its new “Premium” line of ice cream.  The new line is now sold only at select grocers and should be more widely available as the warmer weather moves in.  There are four new flavors based on their current hot and cold drinks.

• Caramel Macchiato- Vanila & Coffee ice cream with ribbons of caramel
  • Mocha Frappuccino- Coffee ice cream swirled with chocolate ice cream
  • Java Chip Frappuccino- Coffee ice cream with dark chocolate chunks
  • Coffee- Coffee ice cream swirled with Espresso ice cream

icecream_banner

I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but oddly I do enjoy coffee ice cream.  The combinations Starbucks has come up with sound tasty.  The Mocha Frappuccino sounds especially good.  You cannot go wrong with the chocolate and coffee combination.  The frozen treats will run you $3.99 for a pint.  Pretty decent price considering what a single cup of Starbucks coffee can run you.

7 comments on “Food News: Starbucks Ice Cream

1. Hate to be a link whore here but oddly you’re posts are relevant….that being said, I sell this in my shop:

It’s darned tasty!

2. Vivien says:

it seems to be cheaper than haagen daz, no? however i tink this won’t be available in where i am now, Malaysia.

wish to buy java chip

3. orb205 says:

I’m confused, doesn’t Starbucks already have an ice cream line with basically the exact same flavors? Either way coffee ice cream is delicious!

4. Jon says:

Coffee Ice Cream is good and all but last summer i found my drink of choice in the most unlikely of places — the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

It’s called a Starbuck’s Iced DoubleShot. you’ve seen the little cans they sell in the stores. ..

PSHAH i tell you. pshah.

For the Tall, Grande, Venti its 2, 3, 4 shots of espresso over ice shaken with simple syrup and topped off with milk.

It’s cold, delicious, keeps you going for the rest of the day…and only costs like $3.00 for the biggest one (at least here in DC).

Not currently on the menu but they will make it for you, it’s the only thing i ever get there!

5. gimmeyummy says:

I just experienced the caramel macchiato flavor and it’s crazy good.
    Here, I wrote about it and stuff:http://gimmeyummy.wordpress.com/

6. Kay says:

The Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream is like a freaking orgasm in a pint! I’m a sucker for caramel but this just tops it. If I could I’d leave my husband for this damn ice cream!

7. Karan says:

What happened to the Starbucks Espresso Ice Cream? That was my favorite until they abruptly stopped selling it. Can’t find it anywhere. The flavor was intense and it even had a few bits of coffee grounds in it. None of their other flavors compare!

Reply please